Saturday, September 5, 2009

A Retrospective of Cooking

A brief interlude of my cooking adventures in Japan, *underconstruction*


The first thing I made in Japan, some nice Soba, with a little bit of Shoyu on it. Tasty.

Photobucket

Later on I got a little more fancy. We got a bunch of these little packets of dumplings, shumai, and other small snacky objects of awesome. I also cut up some onion and garlic, and boiled them in fish stock and Merlot. I put some shrimp shumai in it too. It was sweet and tangy.
Photobucket

Also cooking Shumai is a lot of fun.




Last night we really decided to make a bit of a feast. For the main course, Jessi had ramen.

Photobucket

And I had rice.

Photobucket


When I made the rice, I kind of burned it, it only took three minutes to burn. Some of it was burnt to the pan and tasted like overdone popcorn, but the rest of it was actually quite good.

Photobucket

Especially since we decided to make Gyoza to go with it. Again boiled, but tasty.
Photobucket

Of course I wasn't quite satysfied. I kinda wanted something to have with my rice other than dumplings. I was in the mood for curry. I'd been looking for jars of Curry paste for a while, but all I ever found were these boxes that said Curry on them.

Photobucket

Not entirely sure what was inside the box, I had no idea how to cook it. Fortunately the pictures were self explanitory.
Photobucket


Put bag in pot with water and boil.
Photobucket

Sure why not!
Photobucket

What came out was delicious curry complete with beef, potatoes, and carrots. It is my new favorite premade food thing. I will explore them much further.


All in all we had an excellent little feast last night
Photobucket

And have been eating very well, both out in the world and inside the dorm.

-Mack

No comments:

Post a Comment