Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Exertion

Physical Activity Yay

Yesterday I went back to the Hopping Runners club. I overdid it the last time I ran with them, because I was sore for a week afterward. This time, though, I decided to keep a steady pace within my own comfort zone. I met the runners outside of Komachi hall (the dorm) and we ran around the sports facillity across the street. I was a little disappointed to here we couldn't use any of the tracks there, because the sports complex is not actually part of the university. A club could pay to use the tracks, or any of the ammenities on the complex, but that'd have to be done well in advance. I can see why the hopping runners usually just run along the road. The run went well, I wasn't the fastest, but I'm not hurting nearly as bad as I was last time.

More physical activity

After the hopping runners, we had swing club, and I was already feeling sleepy. I needed chocolate, so I got a snickers.

Snickers

I'm usually pretty up for going anf trying new things while in Japan, but I've yet to find a candy bar as hardy as a Snickers bar, and the student store has them. They're a little smaller here in Japan. A bit more salty and significantly less caramel, but good nonetheless

Swing Dancing

With a Snickers devoured, I was ready for swing dancing. I've been really working on keeping my footwork on tempo. We worked on the basics and watched Matt and Ondene show off all over the dance floor. Watching them gives Jessi and I something to work towards. They're good, Matt is certainly a lot better than me, but not so good that Jessi and I couldn't be on par with them (or better) with some hard work.


All in all yesterday was a lot of fun, and I feel like I got some exercisise in.


-Mack

No comments:

Post a Comment