Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Camera Problem

Bad News and Good News

Three weeks into my Japan trip and my delightful Zi6 camera has stopped working. I've tried several fixes, but my research into the problem shows that it's likely to be faulty hardware. I've contacted Kodak and they agree and are willing to fix the camera.

Option 1- Ship the camera to Kodak America, which takes about a week for $60, they fix it in 7 to 10 bussiness days, and they will only ship it to an American address, so another week for shipping back home, once it goes back home we spend another $60 dollars to ship it to Japan in about a week. So for $120 I can go a month without a camera. The camera cost $160.

Option 2- Ship the camera to Kodak Japan, they don't honor the warranty, I don't know anything else other than it will cost money. If it is cheap then I can probably get the camera back in a couple weeks. If it's expensive then there's no reason not to just go out an buy another camera.

Option 3- Go out and buy another camera. The easiest option, but I still want Kodak to make ammends for selling me damaged goods.



A word to others, the Zi6 is an awesome touristy camera, but be weary there are a handful of faulty ones out there. However, Kodak seems to be very helpful in resolving the issue, so their customer support is decent at least.

I will follow up with what I plan on doing with the camera.

-Mack

No comments:

Post a Comment