Friday, August 7, 2009

Forms and Feet

I figured it was about time I post something on here.

So California in 6 days, Japan in 15.  I've submitted my Visa application, and all my paperwork has been sent to Akita!

My one word of advice to any future travelers.  If you have to take a lot of prescription medications, Japan might not be the first place on your world tour to go.  I currently take a few meds (about 7...different types).  Anyways, as it turned out, traveling with said meds to Japan is a lot more complex than the school made it seem.

After doing some research, my mom found a whole series of forms that have to be sent (snail mailed!) to the Japanese government, detailing my medical conditions, treatments, and medications.  This resulted in 70 pages of paperwork being sent from Germantown, MD to Tokyo, Japan, all about my pills. :)  Fun.

So now we wait for them to send back approval.  That way I won't get my meds taken away from me at customs, or worse, not be allowed to leave customs myself!

~~~~

On another note, Mack asked me today if I had "inside shoes".  In Japan, you do not generally enter a house in your shoes.  Instead you take them off by the door and put on house slippers.  I knew that much before, but apparently it extends to some public and commercial buildings as well.  

So I guess I'll be on the look out for some slip-on shoes to carry around with me to change into.  I'm also probably going to have to find them here, since the chances of finding shoes in a women's size 11 most likely decreases dramatically once I reach Japan.  (Boo big feet...)

They also have seperate shoes for the bathroom, by the way.  Random trivia. :)

- Jessi

No comments:

Post a Comment