Monday, November 2, 2009

Happy Halloween

After the movie and lunch Jessi returned to her costume making and I to my room. I desperately needed a shave and had forgotten to get to it before going to see the elementary school children. Though where I had thought facial hair would frighten then a little, they actually seem fascinated by it. My beard has received a fair share of tugs since coming to Japan.

I may not have mentioned this, but there is no electrical outlet in my bathroom, and I use an electric razor, shaving therefore is a task for a hand mirror and a plastic bag while on the floor. Still it is a simple pleasure I enjoy.

I dawdled in my room until dinner time where everyone was to meet, and after dinner ducked into an empty room to change into my Halloween outfit. A super hero costume of my own design, complete with a 80's sentai scarf seeing as it is Japan. I hid a small speaker up my sleeve and hid the control for it in my glove, and thus had my own theme music which was on a loop of "I Need a Hero", "Kryptonite", and "Thriller".

Photobucket

As I waited for Jessi, I noticed a damsel in distress, a girl was frustrated at a dull eyeliner pencil. "If only someone had a pencil sharpener". Being a writer major, I natuarally had one in my bag and was able to save the day. It wasn't long before Jessi arrived, and her Can Can girl outfits really knocked everyone's socks off.
Photobucket

Truly outstanding costumes, complete with garters.

Photobucket

The entirety of the campus seemed done up in awesome costumes, which you'll see next time on . . . my blog.

-Mack

No comments:

Post a Comment